Ada — THURSDAY
MARCH 20, 2014
• Ada First Baptist Church Bread of Life Ministry offers a free meal to those in the community who are in need. The meal is served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave., Ada. For more information, call 580-332-4121.
MARCH 22, 2014
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. Students should take phone books to their participating schools through April 11. For more information, call 436-8100 or email email@example.com.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
MARCH 24, 2014
• Steven Crawford, former Byng Schools superintendent, will be the featured speaker at the Monday, March 24, Parent Legislative Action Committee of Pontotoc County meeting. Crawford will speak on education funding and the education rally taking place March 31. Meeting time is 5:30 p.m. in Room 410-A of Pontotoc County Technology Center.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Mondays through April 14 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580/436-4494 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium drive. For more information, call 580-320-0747.
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 580-427-5433.
MARCH 25, 2014
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Ada Public Library, second floor. This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the combat infantryman’s badge. For more information, call Jack Jones at 580-310-6173 or J.L. Rhodes at 580-332-8811.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MARCH 26, 2014
• Chickasaw Nation Industries Inc., will hold its annual stakeholder’s meeting at the Chickasaw Nation Community Center in Ada. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. For questions or more information, call 405-253-8200.
• Single moms support group (S.M.I.L.E. Single Mom's: Insightful, Loved, Empowered) meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at The Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. Dinner is provided and childcare is available at Trinity Baptist Church. For more information, call Tisha at 580-759-5260.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
MARCH 28, 2014
• Ada Gem, Mineral and Fossil Club is hosting its annual show, swap and sale March 28 and 29 at Pontotoc County Agri-plex in Building 1. The show will be from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. There will be demonstrations of earth science-related hobbies, kids activities, displays and silent auctions. Admission and parking are free.