• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MARCH 9, 2013
• A festival of gems, minerals and fossils swap, show and sale takes place from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at Pontotoc County Agri-plex main building number 1. The show features various demonstrations and displays of fluorescent rocks, minerals, fossils , lapidary and jewelry. A special children’s event, fossil dig and petting zoo, is scheduled. For more information, contact Ed Vermillion, show chairperson, P.O. Box 782, Purcell, OK 73080; phone 405-527-6431; or email email@example.com.
• Arbuckle Federal Credit Union’s annual meeting is 6 p.m. at J.D.’s Cafeteria, 911 N. Broadway. The agenda includes dinner, business meeting and bingo.
• Pontotoc County Literacy Coalition is seeking prospective tutors for a new Open Minds 3 training class. A six-hour core training session is planned for Saturday, March 9, 2013, at Ada Public Library, beginning at 9 a.m. and ending at 3:30 p.m. Lunch and snacks will be provided. Interested parties are asked to phone Carol at 580-436-5443 to reserve a space for the training or for more information.
MARCH 11, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call Kristina at (580) 2794870.
• FREE tax help and FREE e-filing offered Mondays thru April 08 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580/332-3882.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars, Desert Storm Post 11194, holds its monthly meeting the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Music Room located on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Anyone having an interest in the VFW, any veteran, and especially those who have earned a campaign medal through participation in combat are encouraged to attend. The Post also operates a Veterans Service Office at 701 N. Broadway in Ada.