• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Please bring a partner and come. Phone Frank Shanklin 580-559-1554 for more information.
• Chickasaw Senior Citizens are hosting a taco sale from 4-7 p.m. at the Chickasaw Senior site, 1005 Chamber Loop. Pie auction is from 5:30-6 p.m. Dr. John Garber is auctioneer. Entertainment is Red Barn Band. Cost is $7 for taco, drink and dessert. For deliveries of two or more dinners, phone 436-1007.
• PAST will have its monthly meeting at 5:30 p.m. at First Christian Church on 13th and Broadway. All who are interested in the area’s history are encouraged to attend.
• The regular Ada Rubber Stamp Art Club meeting is 6:30 p.m. at Scraptopia, 107 W. Main Street. Newcomers are welcome to attend and do not need to take anything in order to participate. For more information, phone 580-310-9787.
MARCH 8, 2013
• The 38th annual Troop 4/Pack 4 Chili Feed will be at First Christian Church, 13th and Broadway. Homemade chili, beef stew, corn bread and homemade pie will be served from 4:30-7 p.m. Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for children under 11 years old. Tickets may be purchased at the door; carry-out meals are available. For more information, phone 332-3564.
• Ada Public Library will hold its annual book sale Wednesday through Friday, March 6-8 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, March 9, from 9 a.m. to noon. Small format paperback books will be fifty cents each. Most hardcover books will be one dollar and up. There will be fiction and nonfiction books for adults and children, along with audio books, and movies. Anyone making large purchases must keep containers at the end of aisles, so others can get by to make their selections. For more information, contact Jennifer Greenstreet at 580-436-8121.
• A festival of gems, minerals and fossils swap, show and sale takes place from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. at Pontotoc County Agri-plex main building number 1. The show features various demonstrations and displays of fluorescent rocks, minerals, fossils, lapidary and jewelry. A special children’s event, fossil dig and petting zoo, is scheduled. For more information, contact Ed Vermillion, show chairperson, P.O. Box 782, Purcell, OK 73080; phone 405-527-6431; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.