Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
NOV. 13, 2013
• SMILE — Single mother’s support group meets at 6 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesday evenings of every month at The Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. Dinner is served followed by a time of teaching, crafts, or sharing with each other. Childcare is provided. For more information, phone Tisha Cypert at 759-5260.
NOV. 15, 2013
• Hypnosis with Mike, a comedy stage hypnosis show, is 7:30 p.m. at Ada Elks Lodge. Limited tickets are available for this family performance. To purchase tickets, phone 332-9706 or purchase them at the door. Cost is $6 in advance and $8 at the door.
• Pontotoc County Retired Educators Association (PCREA) meets at 11 a.m. at Ada Elks Lodge for its regular monthly meeting and noon luncheon. The Pioneer Education Award will be presented by the committee of Ruth Ann Taylor, Peggy Bagley and Vaden Morgan. All retired educators and support personnel are encouraged to attend.
NOV, 16, 2013
• Stonewall Area Historical Society presents Susanne Woolley and Cowboy Jim Garling with bass player Eddie Whitmore performing western swing and upbeat old-time Gospel music. The event begins at 6 p.m. at Stonewall High School gymnasium. Cost is $5. Children are admitted free. The event is a benefit for the renovation of the Stonewall Methodist Church into a history center. All donations will be appreciated.
• Chickasaw Nation Arts and Humanities invite students to participate in a fun art learning experience Saturday, November 9 and 16. The class, which is free and open to all students in the third through sixth grade, will be conducted from 10 a.m. to noon at the arts and humanities building, 201 N. Broadway in Ada. Pre-enrollment is required through the fine arts department by phoning Cara Criswell at (580) 272-5520 or by email Cara.Criswell@Chickasaw.net.