Ada — SATURDAY
NOVEMBER 9, 2013
• Chickasaw Nation Arts and Humanities hosts an event for students to participate in a fun art learning experience . The class, which is free and open to all students in the third through sixth grade, will be conducted from 10 a.m. to noon at the arts and humanities building, 201 N. Broadway in Ada.
Pre-enrollment is required through the fine arts department by calling Cara Criswell at (580) 272-5520 or by emailing Cara.Criswell@Chickasaw.net.
• Pontotoc County Literacy Coalition conducts a training session for tutors from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Ada Public Library. Lunch will be provided. For more information, phone 580-436-5443.
• The annual Lula Volunteer Fire Department hosts its annual fundraiser, a barbecue dinner at 5 p.m. in the Lula Community Center and Fire Department. Deep pit beef/pork and barbecue chicken and old-fashioned homemade desserts will be served. Other events include a silent auction, games and Bounce House for children and live music with local musicians. Raffle tickets for a chance to win one-half of a beef or whole pig, cut and wrapped, are $5 each. Monetary donations are welcome. Donations may be mailed to LVFD, 19613 Highway 48, Tupelo, OK 74572. For more information, phone Fire Chief Kim Johnson at 580-320-6489.
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop and Don Harness and councilman Morris Chiles conducts a meeting at noon at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. This is a fund-raiser. Those attending are asked to take items for the auction, including pies, cakes, jam, canned goods and dry goods. Language class will be conducted after the meeting.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m.
• Ropin’ for Kolton benefit is 10 a.m. at Morgan Ranch Indoor Arena in Velma. Books open at 9 a.m. Kolton is the 3-month-old son of Justin and Jenny Morton Carter of Ratliff City. He is awaiting a heart transplant in St. Louis, Mo. This benefit is to help with expenses.
For more information, phone Jade Thompson, 580-606-0160, Ralph Owens, 405-831-2660, or Jay Morgan, 580-656-0759.