OCTOBER 11, 2013
• Pontotoc County Retired Educators Association (PCREA) meets at 11 a.m. at Ada Elks Lodge for its regular monthly meeting and noon luncheon. Billie Floyd will give the program, “Step Back in Time.” The meeting is open to all retired educators and support personnel, whether a member or not.
• The Ada Library Friends members sale opens to the public from 8:30 to 5:30 p.m. Small format paperback books will be 50 cents each. Most hardcover books will be $1 or more. For more information, phone us at 580-436-8121.
OCTOBER 12, 2013
• Ada Library Friends sale opens to the public from 9 a.m. to noon. Small format paperback books will be 50 cents each. Most hardcover books will be $1 or more. Anyone making large purchases must keep containers at the end of aisles so others can get by to make their selections. For more information, phone 580-436-8121.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
• Spaulding celebrates the 20th anniversary of Dizzy Dean Day. Events begin with a pancake, sausage and eggs breakfast from 7-11 a.m. followed by a tractor show, peanut thrashing, old-time farm events, and entertainment. Events include The Rineharts and Friends at 10 a.m., Jeff Sibble and Company at 10:40 a.m., The Relations at 11:20 a.m., tractor parade and lunch at noon, Mary McDonald and Larry Daynell at 1 p.m., The Johnsons and Roy Justice at 1:40 p.m., and L.D. Cross and The Old Rounders at 2:20 p.m. For more information, phone Thurman Rinehart at 580-421-2271 or Spaulding Mayfield Store at 405-379-2887.
OCTOBER 13, 2013
• Wild Goose musicians jam session takes place each Sunday from 4-8 p.m. at Wild Goose Club in Sasakwa. This event is a gathering for musicians for a house band and opening for the house band and promotions. Musicians need to take their own instruments. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, phone Kallo at 405-941-3071.