• Ada Rubber Art Stamp Club meets at 6:30 p.m. at Scraptopia, 107 W. Main Street. Newcomers are always welcome. There are no fees and you do not need to bring anything with you in order to participate. The club meets the first Thursday of each month. For more informaiton, phone 580-310-9787.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Valley View Regional Hospital.
• South Central Oklahoma Lupus Support Group meets the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at Main Street Church of Christ, 408 East Main Street, Davis. This meetings are open to all persons with lupus, those who have a loved one or friend with lupus, or anyone who would like to learn more about lupus may contact Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or email@example.com. For more information regarding lupus, contact the Lupus Foundation of America, Oklahoma Chapter at 1-800-725-6445 or online at lupus.org.
AUGUST 3, 2013
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
• Ada Community School, 708 E. Main, Suite B, hosts an open house from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. for students in grades 5-12. For more information, phone 580-759-6506.
• Compassion Outreach Center is having a back-to-school clothing give-away from 9 a.m. until 1p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada.
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop, Curtis Smith and Don Harness and Councilman Morris Chiles conducts a meeting at noon at Allen Masonic Lodge. This a food auction only. Bring dry goods, baked goods, jellies, fresh veggies or new potatoes. There will also be a language class.
AUGUST 4, 2013
• Boys & Girls Club of Ada youth fall soccer registration is now open. Please go to http://www.bgcada.com/ to register or visit the BGCA at 915 South Hickory. For more information call (580)332-3717.