JULY 30, 2013
• Ada Skeet and Trap Club is going to be open from 6-8:30 p.m. This is in addition to its regular days open, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 1-5 p.m. Officials from the club say they plan to do this during the hot summer days, until Tuesday, Sept. 17. Skeet and Trap fields will be open. You don’t need to be a member to shoot. Regular members will be availalbe to answer questions. For more information, phone Ron at 421-4843.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Freda DeOdis Flatt is Ada Artists Association’s July featured artist of the month. Her work is featured at Karen’s Art and Framing, 108 E. Main. A closing reception is 4:30-6:30 p.m.
JULY 31, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
AUGUST 1, 2013
• Ada Chickasaw Senior Center hosts an Indian taco sale at 1005 Chamber Looper. Pie auction begins at 5:30 p.m. with Dr. John Garber as auctioneer. Entertainemnt will be provided by Red Barn Band. Cost is $7 for taco, dessert and drink. For delivery of two more dinners phone 436-1007.
• Athletes at Vanoss Public Schools in grades 5-12 will be given physicals Aug. 1 in the school cafeteria between the hours of 3:30-6:30 p.m. Cost is $15 each (payment must be made in cash.) Students will need a signed physical form granting parent permission which may be picked up from his or her coach or signed when the student arrives for the physical.