NOVEMBER 4, 2013
• Latta Public Schools will host an HIV/AIDS and drug education curriculum parent meeting at 5:30 p.m. in Room 111 of Latta Junior High School. Purpose of the meeting is to acquaint parents, teachers and interested school patrons aout the HIV/AIDS curriculum to be taught to students in grades 5, 7 and 10 and the drug education curriculum used in grades 4, 7 and 9.
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 580-427-5433.
NOVEMBER 5, 2013
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at Central Church of Christ Family Life Center, 824 Stadium Drive. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Barbara at 580-436-3248 or 580-272-7550 or the church office at 580-332-6411.
NOVEMBER 7, 2013
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.
• Ada Rubber Art Stamp Club meets at 6:30 p.m. at Scraptopia, 107 W. Main Street. Newcomers are always welcome. There are no fees and you do not need to bring anything with you in order to participate. The club meets the first Thursday of each month. For more informaiton, phone 580-310-9787.
NOVEMBER 9, 2013
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
NOVEMBER 11, 2013
• A Veterans’ Day breakfast will be held from 7-9 a.m. at the Legion Hut in Konawa. The free breakfast will honor all veterans and their families. The menu will consist of scrambled eggs, sliced ham, biscuits and gravy, coffee, milk and orange juice. This special event is sponsored by the Konawa American Legion Auxiliary Unit 70 and paid for by their local dues of $10 each, along with several local businesses. For more information, phone Claudia Sharber at 580-925-3114.