• The town of Fitzhugh is hosting a hamburger feed and pie auction to raise funds for a Fitzhugh storm shelter and community building. The event takes place from 5-7 p.m. at Fitzhugh Baptist Church. Donations will be accepted. All proceeds go toward the completion of the shelter. For more information, phone Sharon Phillips at 580-399-0522.
• Headmen Cliff Bishop and Don Harness and councilman Mooris Chiles of Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri are conducting a meeting at noon at Allen Masonic Lodge. This is a fundraiser. Members are asked to take food items for the auction, including dry goods, canned goods, home-grown produce, jams and jellies, cakes and pies. All members are encouraged to attend.
• Oil Center Volunteer Fire Department’s annual hamburger fry and pie auction takes place at Oil Center Pentecostal Holiness Church. Hamburgers and hot dogs served from 5-7 p.m.; annual meeting takes place at 6:30 p.m. and pie auction begins at 7 p.m. Auctioneer is Clay Young. Donated pies and cakes for the auction will be appreciated. Drawings will be conducted for a rifle and shotgun.
• Wrangler reunion is 10 a.m. at Coalgate Park Building. The reunion is open to anyone who has ever worked at Wrangler, VF or Blue Bell and their families. Take finger foods, snacks, desserts, chips, dip and or drinks. Those who have plant photos or memorabilia are asked to take those for viewing. For more information, phone 927-6473.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
OCTOBER 6, 2013
• Wild Goose musicians jam session takes place each Sunday from 4-8 p.m. at Wild Goose Club in Sasakwa. This event is a gathering for musicians for a house band and opening for the house band and promotions. Musicians need to take their own instruments. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, phone Kallo at 405-941-3071.