OCTOBER 1, 2013
• A special meeting of the Board of Directors for Tri-County Indian Nations Community Development Corporation will be held at 10 a.m. at Coalgate City Hall, 3 S. Main, Coalgate. This meeting is open to the public. For more information, contact Carolyn Hill at (580) 310-9300.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at Central Church of Christ Family Life Center, 824 Stadium Drive. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Barbara at 580-436-3248 or 580-272-7550 or the church office at 580-332-6411.
OCTOBER 2, 2013
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association is conducting a fundraiser with a raffle for a 40-inch Sony television. The drawing is Dec. 15. Tickets are $2 each. Proceeds go to benefit veterans. To purchase tickets or for more information, phone Jack Jones at 580-310-6173, J.L. Rhodes, 580-332-8811, William Cox at 580-235-6279, James Page at 580-755-5392 or Rich Putnam at 580-310-4115.
OCTOBER 3, 2013
• Byng High School Theatre presents “Our Leading Lady” at 7 p.m. in Byng High School auditorium. “Our Leading Lady” is a comedy that takes place at the end of the Civil War in Ford’s Theatre. The story follows the backstage antics and rivalries of actors performing “Our American Cousin” before and after the Lincoln assassination. Ticket prices are $3 each for students and $5 each for adults and will be available at the door.
• CASA will begin accepting items new or gently used for a garage sale to benefit abused children in this area. The gargage sale takes place Oct. 18 from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. at 514 E. 10th. One hundred percent of the proceeds go to help abused children in this area.
• PAST organization meets at 5:30 p.m. at First Christian Church in Ada on Broadway. The meeting is open to anyone interested in helping preserve memories of the past.