• Donna Welch Jones will be at the Ada Public Library for a book signing from 10 a.m. until noon. Copies of her new mystery, Deadly Search, will be $10. Refreshments will be provided. For additional information, phone 580-436-8121.
APRIL 28, 2013
• Byng School’s Indian Education Parent Committee will host a Recognition Assembly at 2 p.m. in the Byng High School auditorium with a reception to follow. Recognitions will include all Johnson O’Malley students in attendance as well as Outstanding Students from Francis, Homer, Byng Elementary, Byng Junior High, and Byng High School. All Johnson O’Malley students and their parents are invited to attend.
• Abba’s Tables, 600 W. 9th, hosts open house from 3-5 p.m. Multi-denominational dedication and blessing takes place at 4 p.m. Abba’s Tables provides free nutritious meals to people and families in need. The event is open to the public.
APRIL 29, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
APRIL 30, 2013
• Vanoss School conducts a Title VII program meeting at 6 p.m. at Vanoss School.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MAY 1, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to the public.