Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JANUARY 25, 2013
• Chickasaw Nation IT Department and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are starting off the new year by saving lives and inviting Ada-area residents 16 years or older to join by donating blood from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. at 901 N. Country Club Road.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
JANUARY 27, 2013
• The public is invited to attend “Portrait of a Lady,” a program of music, art, poetry, and storytelling at 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, at Ada Arts and Heritage Center, 400 S. Rennie in Ada. Featured performers include Starla Hibler, Rudy Lupinski, Rozzie Purdy, Mark Hollingsworth, Vicki Creed, Ken Hada, Skye Garcia, Zachary Garcia, and Bronson Warren. Featured visual artists include Pat Gurley, Toni Sollazo, Storm Strickland, Alexandria Knox, Katy Seals, and Suzanne Wooley. Admission is free.
JANUARY 28, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Garvin County Republican Party holds precinct meetings Monday, Jan. 28 at 7 p. m. at Christian Life Church Fellowship Hall, 820 S. Walnut, in Pauls Valley. For more information about the precinct meetings or Republican Party, phone Allie Burgin at 405-740-5131.
JANUARY 29, 2013
• A new GriefShare group begins at First Baptist Church of Ada, 521 S. Broadway. The sessions are from 7-9 p.m. Contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121 for more information.