JANUARY 24, 2013
• Ada First Baptist announces its Bread Of Life ministry in which a free meal is being offered to those in need Thursday, Jan. 24, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church dining room. Ada First Baptist is located at 521 S. Broadway in Ada. Phone 332-4121 for more information.
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Please bring a partner and come. Phone Frank Shanklin 580-559-1554 for more information.
JANUARY 25, 2013
• Chickasaw Nation IT Department and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are starting off the new year by saving lives and inviting Ada-area residents 16 years or older to join by donating blood from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. at 901 N. Country Club Road.
JANUARY 27, 2013
• The public is invited to attend “Portrait of a Lady,” a program of music, art, poetry, and storytelling 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, at Ada Arts and Heritage Center, 400 S. Rennie in Ada. Featured performers include Starla Hibler, Rudy Lupinski, Rozzie Purdy, Mark Hollingsworth, Vicki Creed, Ken Hada, Skye Garcia, Zachary Garcia, and Bronson Warren. Featured visual artists include Pat Gurley, Toni Sollazo, Storm Strickland, Alexandria Knox, Katy Seals, and Suzanne Wooley. Admission is free.
JANUARY 28, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meet at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Garvin County Republican Party holds precinct meetings Monday, Jan. 28 at 7 p. m. at Christian Life Church Fellowship Hall, 820 S Walnut, in Pauls Valley. For more information about the precinct meetings, or Republican Party, phone Allie Burgin at 405 740-5131.
JANUARY 29, 2013
• A new GriefShare group begins at First Baptist Church of Ada, 521 S. Broadway. The sessions are from 7-9 p.m. Contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121 for more information.
JANUARY 30, 2013
• Ada High School and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are starting off the new year by conducting a blood drive from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 1400 Stadium Drive.
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
JANUARY 31, 2013
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Phone Frank Shanklin 580-559-1554 for more information.