Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
APRIL 9, 2013
• Pauls Valley Library Book Club will meet at 1 p.m. at the library to discuss The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher. This story of a woman in her 60’s is a reflection of her life with her artist father, the children she has raised, and how she should spend the rest of her life. The book for April will be “The Language of Flowers” by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. All readers are welcome.
• American Legion Auxiliary Unit 72 meets at 5 p.m. upstairs of Ada Public Library. For more information, phone 580-265-9222 or 580-436-0433.
• Allen High School hosts a blood drive from 9 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at Allen High School, 201 N. Denver Street in Allen. For more information or to make an appointment, contact Oklahoma Blood Institute at 877-340-8777 or visit us at www.obi.org.
• Pontotoc County Health and Safety Fair takes place from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on the Pontotoc County courthouse plaza. Free hot dogs provided by Citizens Bank. Meet county officers from 10-11 a.m. Courthouse tours will be given from 11 a.m. until noon.
• Compassionate Freinds Ada area chapter meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month in the parlor of First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th Street. This non-profit organization is for those grieving the death of a child.
• A new GriefShare Group begins at First Baptist Church of Ada, 521 S. Broadway. The sessions are from 7-9 p.m. Contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121 for more information.