Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MARCH 14, 2013
• Vidalia onions arrive in April. Place orders now to ensure you don’t get left out. Order as many bags as you want. Cost is $10 for a 10 pound bag. Phone a Shriner friend to place an order or phone 580-310-0489 or 580-925-3852. This is a fundraiser for Shriners.
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Please bring a partner and come. Phone Frank Shanklin 580-559-1554 for more information.
MARCH 15, 2013
• Pontotoc County Retired Educators Association (PCREA) meets at 11 a.m. at Ada Elks Lodge for its regular monthly meeting and noon luncheon. The program will be presented by Lorie Robins, Chickasaw Nation Arts and Humanities.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Vanoss Elementary School has set its Pre-K Pre-Enrollment date for Friday, March 15. Pre-enrollment will take place in the Vanoss library from 7:45 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. All students who are 4 years old by Sept. 1 are eligible for enrollment in the pre-k program. All students who are pre-enrolling will be given an academic readiness screening, in addition to a hearing screening. Speech screenings may be available by request. Those who wish to enroll their children must bring the child’s Social Security card, birth certificate, shot record, proof of residence and CDIB card, if applicable.
MARCH 16, 2013
• Mary’s Music Barn presents traditional country music, featuring Country Pride Band with special guest, the third Saturday of each month. Mary’s Music Barn is located three and one-half miles south of Stonewall on Jesse Highway. Turn right on McDonald Road. Show starts at 7 p.m. For more information, phone 580-272-7816 or 580-265-9206, or email firstname.lastname@example.org