• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
FEBRUARY 27, 2014
• Oklahoma Heart and Mercy’s Wear Red for Women Luncheon will be Thursday, Feb. 27, at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at People’s Electric Cooperative Community Room. Lunch will be provided. RSVP to 580-421-1467.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome For appointment, call 580/436-4494, Weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
FEBRUARY 28, 2014
• Raffle tickets are on sale to win two Oklahoma City Thunder tickets and to help fight cancer by supporting Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. Tickets are one for $5 or five for $20 and are available at Every Nook & Cranny, 110 E. Main Street, 580-332-3899, or call Nashea at 405-756-0922 for more information. Tickets will be onsale until March 1. Proceeds will be donated in remembrance of Chuck Crosslin.
MARCH 1, 2014
• “Success by Seuss” featuring storytelling by Tim Woods will be at the Ada Public Library March 1 at 10:30 a.m. It will be an interactive storytelling presentation of the classic tales of Dr. Seuss. By drawing on the life of Theodore Seuss Geisel, the character-based program encourages people to persevere.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
MARCH 2, 2014
MARCH 3, 2014
• REQUIEM by Victoria Davison and Rudy Lupinski is to be premiered by the ECU Singers and instrumental ensemble under the direction of Dr. Steven Walker on March 3, at 7:30 p.n. at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1300 East Beverly, Ada. A Reception will follow in Benedictine Hall. This event is open to the public, and is sponsored by the Ada Arts Council.