Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
FEBRUARY 16, 2014
• Raffle tickets are on sale to win two Oklahoma City Thunder tickets and to help fight cancer by supporting Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. Tickets are one for $5 or five for $20 and are available at Every Nook & Cranny, 110 E. Main Street, 580-332-3899, or call Nashea at 405-756-0922 for more information. Tickets will be onsale until March 1. Proceeds will be donated in remembrance of Chuck Crosslin.
• Artists of the Arbuckles Photography Expo will be at the Jean Carr Galley, 330 W. Muskogee in Sulphur from 2 to 5 p.m. through Feb. 23, 2014.
FEBRUARY 17, 2014
• Artists of the Arbuckles Photography Expo will be at the Jean Carr Galley, 330 W. Muskogee in Sulphur from 3 to 7 p.m. through Feb. 23.
• Boy Scout Troop 13 is hosting its annual chili supper and pie sale Feb. 17 4-7 p.m. at First United Methodist Church in Ada.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Mondays and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580/436-4494 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call 580-320-0747.
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email email@example.com or call 580-427-5433.