Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MAY 14, 2014
• Donations are being accepted for the upkeep of Maxwell Cemetery. Donations can be sent to Maxwell Cemetery Fund, c/o Becky Isaacs, 5654 CR 3460, Ada, OK 74820, or call 580-436-1443.
• Pontotoc County Literacy Coalition will host an open house and recognition ceremony May 14 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Certificates of achievement will be presented to tutors and learners, and members of the board of directors and other partners will be recognized. Refreshments will be served and the public is invited.
• Rabies clinics will be held at the following locations and times: Ada Vet, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; Animal Medical Center, 8 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; and Arlington Animal Clinic, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. Rabies shots will be available for a reduced cost of $10.
• Single Mom's support group (S.M.I.L.E. Single Moms: Insightful, Loved, Empowered) meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at The Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. Dinner is provided and childcare is available at Trinity Baptist Church. For more information, call Tisha at 580-759-5260.
• Ada Single Friends (55 and up) meet each Wednesday at 2 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St. for games. Attendees should bring a snack to the games to share. For more information, call 580-320-4157 or 320-2391.