Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MARCH 22, 2013
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MARCH 23, 2013
• Pontotoc County Republican Convention will be held at 9:30 a.m. at Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main Street, Ada.
• Fitzhugh Fire Department hosts an all-you-can-eat free pancake breakfast from 7-9 a.m. This a thank you to the community from the fire department and no donations will be accepted.
• Timed event youth rodeo takes place at Pontotoc County Agri-plex outdoor arena, 1710 N. Broadway. Books open at 9 a.m. and rodeo begins at 10:30 a.m. Contestant meeting is at 11:30 a.m. Western dress code is enforced. All horses must have a current negative coggins. Host for the event is Cross Cut Cowboy Church. For more information, phone Dan at 405-203-5783 or Chrischel at 580-399-2212 or visit www.crosscutcowboychurch.com.
• CrossCut Cowboy Church hosts a coggins/West Nile clinic at 10 a.m. at Pontoto County Agri-plex.
MARCH 25, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 2794870.
• Free tax help and Free e-filing offered Mondays through April 8 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. For appointment, call 580/332-3882.
MARCH 26, 2013
• A new GriefShare group begins at First Baptist Church of Ada, 521 S. Broadway. The sessions are from 7-9 p.m. Contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121 for more information.