• Traditional Country Music takes place the third Saturday of each month at Mary’s Music Barn, featuring The Country Pride Band with special guests. The event is located three and one-half miles south of Stonewall on Jesse Highway, turn right on McDonald Road. The show begins at 7 p.m. For more information, phone 580-272-7816 or 580-265-9206 or email email@example.com.
• Pontotoc County Literacy Coalition will hold a tutor training class from 9:15 a.m.to 3:45 p.m. on the second floor of the Ada Public Library. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Register by calling 580-436-5443 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
AUGUST 19, 2013
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
AUGUST 20, 2013
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Prime Timers meet at J.D.’s Cafeteria for the regular monthly meeting. Visitation begins at 5:30 p.m. The meal will be served at 6 p.m. East Central University President John Hargrave will give a film presentiona. Guests are welcome.
AUGUST 21, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.