Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
AUGUST 14, 2013
• National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Chapter 758 meets at 11:30 a.m. at Mercy Hospital of Ada (formerly Valley View Regional Hospital) in the cafeteria conference room. For more information, phone Kenneth Roberts at 580-279-6724.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
AUGUST 15, 2013
• Registration for Boys & Girls Club of Ada youth fall soccer ends today. Please go to http://www.bgcada.com/ to register or visit the BGCA at 915 South Hickory. For more information, phone (580) 332-3717.
AUGUST 16, 2013
• The Chickasaw Nation is hosting a document shredding event from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at the Burr Center parking lot, 110 Burr Avenue, Pauls Valley. A shredding truck will be on-site to immediately shred documents for recycling. The event is free and open to the public and businesses are welcome. For more information, contact The Chickasaw Nation Environmental Services at (580) 272-5456.
AUGUST 17, 2013
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.