Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JULY 2, 2013
• A special meeting of the board of directors for Tri-County Indian Nations Community Development Corportaion is 10 a.m. in the conference room of Vision Bank’s new location, 1901 Arlington. This meeting is open to the public and their participation is encouraged. For more information, phone Carolyn Hill at 580-310-9300.
• Circle Time of Ada, an autism parent group, meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in the old Glenwood School. Enter at the west double door. For more information, phone Jennifer Balliett, group leader, at 580-235-2731 or visit www.circletimeofada.com or Facebook.
• Ada Shrine Club meets the first Tuesday of each month at J.D.’s Cafe. Meal is at 6 p.m. and the meeting is at 7 p.m. All Shriners are welcome and encouraged to attend.
• A new GriefShare Group begins at First Baptist Church of Ada, 521 S. Broadway. The sessions are from 7-9 p.m. Contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121 for more information.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
JULY 3, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.