• Community Give-A-Way takes place at 10 a.m. at The Refuge, 1001 Tipton Terrace.
• Timed event youth rodeo takes place at Pontotoc County Agri-Plex outdoor arena, 1710 N. Broadway. Books open at 9 a.m. and rodeo begins at 10:30 a.m. Contestant meeting is at 11:30 a.m. Western dress code is enforced. All horses must have a current negative coggins. Host for the event is Cross Cut Cowboy Church. For more information, phone Dan at 405-203-5783 or Chrischel at 580-399-2212 or visit www.crosscutcowboychurch.com.
• Donna Welch Jones will be at the Ada Public Library for a book signing from 10 a.m. until noon. Copies of her new mystery, Deadly Search, will be $10. Refreshments will be provided. For additional information, phone 580-436-8121.
APRIL 28, 2013
• Byng School’s Indian Education Parent Committee will host a Recognition Assembly at 2 p.m. in the Byng High School auditorium with the reception to follow. Recognitions will include all Johnson O’Malley students in attendance as well as Outstanding Students from Francis, Homer, Byng Elementary, Byng Junior High, and Byng High School.
All Johnson O’Malley students and their parents are invited to attend.
• Abba’s Tables, 600 W. 9th, hosts open house from 3-5 p.m. Multi-denominaitonal dedication and blessing takes place at 4 p.m. Abba’s Tables provides free nutritious meals to people and families in need. The event is open to the public.
APRIL 29, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 2794870.
APRIL 30, 2013
• Vanoss School conducts a Title VII program meeting at 6 p.m. at Vanoss School.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.