Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
APRIL 24, 2013
• Single Moms support group (S.M.I.L.E. Single Moms: Insightful, Loved, Empowered) meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at The Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. Dinner is provided and childcare is available at Trinity Baptist Church. For more information, phone Tisha at 580-759-5260.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to the public.
APRIL 25, 2013
• Ada Recycling Coalition celebrates Earth Day Week during its annual meeting from 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Aldridge Ballroom. Cost is $10 for the buffet lunch and a reusable bag.
Dr. Doug Weirick, East Central University’s environmental health science instructor, will report on the current state of renewable energy in the United States and Oklahoma. He will also discuss the benefits of solar panels.
APRIL 27, 2013
• Union Valley Volunteer Fire Department hosts a fish fry from 4:30-7 p.m. at Ken Lance/Three Crosses arena on state Highway 3E and County Road 3610. A pie auction begins at 5:30 p.m. Donations will be accepted and appreciated.