OCTOBER 2, 2013
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association is conducting a fundraiser with a raffle for a 40-inch Sony television. The drawing is Dec. 15. Tickets are $2 each. Proceeds go to benefit veterans. To purchase tickets or for more information, phone Jack Jones at 580-310-6173, J.L. Rhodes, 580-332-8811, William Cox at 580-235-6279, James Page at 580-755-5392 or Rich Putnam at 580-310-4115.
OCTOBER 3, 2013
• Byng High School Theatre presents “Our Leading Lady” at 7 p.m. in Byng High School auditorium. “Our Leading Lady” is a comedy that takes place at the end of the Civil War in Ford’s Theatre. The story follows the backstage antics and rivalries of actors performing “Our American Cousin” before and after the Lincoln assassination. Ticket prices are $3 each for students and $5 each for adults and will be available at the door.
• CASA will begin accepting new or gently used items for a garage sale to benefit abused children in this area. The garage sale takes place Oct. 18 from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. at 514 E. 10th. One hundred percent of the proceeds go to help abused children in this area.
• PAST organization meets at 5:30 p.m. at First Christian Church in Ada on Broadway. The meeting is open to anyone interested in helping preserve memories of the past.
• Ada Rubber Art Stamp Club meets at 6:30 p.m. at Scraptopia, 107 W. Main Street. Newcomers are always welcome. There are no fees and you do not need to bring anything with you in order to participate. The club meets the first Thursday of each month. For more information, phone 580-310-9787.
• South Central Oklahoma Lupus Support Group meets the first Thursday of each month. The next meeting will be held at 6 p.m. at Main Street Church of Christ, 408 East Main Street, Davis. This month the group will discuss current medical/clinical research studies. This meeting is open to all persons with lupus, those who have a loved one or friend with lupus, or anyone who would like to learn more about lupus. For more information regarding the meeting, upcoming activities, information on lupus, or telephone support, please contact Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or email@example.com.