JUNE 16, 2013
• Retirement reception for Pat Stewart is from 2-4 p.m. at Ada Arts and Heritage Center, 400 S. Rennie. The come-an-go event honors Mrs. Stewart for 39 years in Oklahoma education. No RSVP needed.
JUNE 17, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 2794870.
JUNE 18, 201E
• Ada Prime Timers meet at J.D.’s Cafeteria for its regular monthly meeting. Visitation begins at 5:30 p.m. The meal will be served at 6 p.m. Red Barn, a local music group, presents the program. Guests are welcome.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
JUNE 19, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to the public.
JUNE 20, 2013
• Oklahoma Farm Bureau Safety Services is presenting an Auto Accident Prevention Course on June 24 and 25, 2013, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Farm Bureau Office, 1027 West Main, Ada, with instruction on how to improve one’s driving skills. Upon earning the Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course Certificate, one would be eligible to receive a discount on his auto insurance. The class is open to the public. For more details and to sign up, call Shirley at (580) 332-8711.