• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Valley View Regional Hospital.
• South Central Oklahoma Lupus Support Group meets the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at Main Street Church of Christ, 408 East Main Street, Davis. The meetings are open to all persons with lupus. Those who have a loved one or friend with lupus, or anyone who would like to learn more about lupus may contact Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding lupus, contact the Lupus Foundation of America, Oklahoma Chapter at 1-800-725-6445 or online at lupus.org.
AUGUST 3, 2013
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m., and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
• Ada Community School, 708 E. Main, Suite B, hosts an open house from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. for students in grades 5-12. For more information, phone 580-759-6506.
• Compassion Outreach Center is having a back-to-school clothing give-away from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada.
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop, Curtis Smith and Don Harness and Councilman Morris Chiles conduct a meeting at noon at Allen Masonic Lodge. This a food auction only. Bring dry goods, baked goods, jellies, fresh veggies or new potatoes. There will also be a language class.
AUGUST 4, 2013
• Boys & Girls Club of Ada youth fall soccer registration is now open. Please go to http://www.bgcada.com/ to register or visit the BGCA at 915 S. Hickory. For more information call (580)332-3717.
• National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) chapter 758 meets at 11:30 a.m. at Mercy Hospital of Ada (formerly Valley View Regional Hospital) in the cafeteria conference room. For more information, phone Kenneth Roberts at 580-279-6724 for more information.
AUGUST 5, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.