Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JULY 31, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
AUGUST 1, 2013
• Ada Chickasaw Senior Center hosts an Indian taco sale at 1005 Chamber Loop. Pie auction begins at 5:30 p.m., with Dr. John Garber as auctioneer. Entertainment will be provided by Red Barn Band. Cost is $7 for taco, dessert and drink. For delivery of two more dinners phone 436-1007.
• Athletes at Vanoss Public Schools in grades 5-12 will be given physicals Aug. 1 in the school cafeteria between the hours of 3:30-6:30 p.m. Cost is $15 each. (Payment must be made in cash.) Students will need a signed physical form granting parent permission, which may be picked up from his or her coach or signed when the student arrives for the physical.
• Ada Rubber Art Stamp Club meets at 6:30 p.m. at Scraptopia, 107 W. Main St. Newcomers are always welcome. There are no fees, and you do not need to bring anything with you in order to participate. The club meets the first Thursday of each month. For more information, phone 580-310-9787.