• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
FEBRUARY 6, 2014
• A Taco Sale will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 1005 Chamber Loop. A pie auction will start at 5:30 p.m. with John Garber as auctioneer. The Red Barn Band will perform. Orders of two or more iwll be delivered. Call 436-1007 for more information.
• Testing for the Practical Nurse Career Major at Pontotoc Technology Center will be held 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call PTC at 580-310-2260 for an application and to schedule a testing date.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome For appointment, call 580/436-4494, Weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
FEBRUARY 7, 2014
• Ada Juliette Low Leadership Society will host Swirls and Pearls for the Girls event to honor “The Gallup Girls,” Mary Garber, Becky Payton and Regina Robertson. The event will consist of wine tasting, a pearl sale and more. Proceeds will support local Girl Scout programs. Tickets are available online at www.gseok.org/JLLS.
FEBRUARY 8, 2014
• The Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop and Dan Harnes will hold a meeting at noon at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. There will be an auction for food, can goods, dry goods, jellies, jams, etc. All members are requested to attend as there will be a class afterward.
• Ada Main Street’s Charmed by Chocolate event will be held Saturday, Feb. 8 from 11-2 pm at Ada Depot, 300 W. Main St. in Ada. There is no fee for entering. Tickets to the event, to taste any or all chocolate creations and to participate in the silent auction, are $5. Call Amy Kaiser at (580) 436-1600 for more information.