Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
• Court Appointed Special Advocates is searching for caring, committed volunteers to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children. Anyone willing to commit 6-12 hours per month and go through 30 hours of training may phone 580-332-1441or visit the CASA office at 514 E. 10th Street for more information on Winter 2014 New Volunteer Training. Training begins Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2014.
JANUARY 17, 2014
• Tupelo “Fan” Appreciation night will start 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17, with a chili/bbean dinner in the Tupelo school cafeteria sponsored by Tupelo Booster Club. Cost is $7 and includes dessert and drink. Girls’ Tupelo Tigers vs. Roff Tigers game starts at 6:30 p.m. followed by the boys. First 250 fans to come through the door will receive a Tiger Appreciation gift.
JANUARY 18, 2014
• Ada Community School will host a seminar, “What is best for your child’s education: public school, private school or homeschool?” Jan. 18, 9 -11 a.m., at the top floor of Ada Public Library. The seminar is free of charge. Phone 580-759-6506 for more information.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
• Traditional country music every third Saturday at 7 p.m. with special guest and the Country Pride Band at Mary’s Music Barn located three and three-fourths miles south and one-fourth mile west of Stonewall on the Jesse Highway. For more information, phone Mary 580-272-7816 or 580-265-9206 or firstname.lastname@example.org