FEBRUARY 6, 2014
FEBRUARY 7, 2014
• Ada Juliette Low Leadership Soiciety will host Swirls and Pearls for the Girls event to honor “The Gallup Girls,” Mary Garber, Becky Payton and REgina Robertson. The event will consist of wine tastings, a pearl sale and more. Proceeds will support local Girl Scout programs. Tickets are available online at www.gseok.org/JLLS.
FEBRUARY 8, 2014
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
FEBRUARY 9, 2014
FEBRUARY 10, 2014
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 580-427-5433.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex on the northside of the extension center building in the compartment B, south of the County jail. For more information, phone the VFW service office at 580-436-6252.
FEBRUARY 11, 2014
• Patty Wagon Shuttle will provide a free day of transportation Tuesday, Feb. 11, Thursday, April 17 and Tuesday, June 17, for senior citizens age 65 and up. Travel to run errands or for appointments in the Ada area will be on a first-come first served basis. For an appointment phone 580-272-3220.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121.