Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JULY 3, 2014
• An Indian taco sale will be at Ada Chickasaw Senior Center, 1005 Chamber Loop, Ada. The pie auction will be at 5:30 p.m., with Dr. John Garber as auctioneer. The cost for the dinner is $7 for the taco, dessert and a drink. Delivery is available for two or more. To order or for more information, call 436-1007.
• PAST will have its monthly meeting at 4:30 p.m. Thursday at the Pontotoc Technology Center. Go to the C Entrance at the southwest corner. The group meets the first Thursday of each month.
• Ada Rubber Stamp Art Club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at "Scraptopia," located at 107 W. Main St. Newcomers are always welcome to attend. There are no fees and no need to bring anything with to participate. For more information, call 580-310-9787.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets at 7 p.m. the first Thursday of each month in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.
FOURTH OF JULY
JULY 4, 2014
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Reaper Baptist Church, 3301 N. Broadway. For more information, call 580-320-9984.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays downstairs at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.