Ada — WEDNESDAY
JUNE 18, 2014
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets at 7 p.m. each Wednesday at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted from 7:30-9:30 p.m each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak.
• Ada Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Reaper Baptist Church, 3301 N. Broadway. For more information, call 580-320-9984.
JUNE 19, 2014
• Ada First Baptist Church Bread of Life Ministry offers a free meal to those in the community who are in need. The meal is served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave., Ada. For more information, call 580-332-4121.
• The Pontotoc County Democratic Party meets at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at Pontotoc County Agri-plex in Room D.
JUNE 20, 2014
• Registration and open swim for students in Session 2 of the Kwanis Swim Safe Program will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Friday, June 20, at Glenwood Pool. Session 2 lessons will be held June 23 through July 3 at Wintersmith Pool. Openings are still available in all classes, from Tadpoles and Polywogs for pre-swimmers through Level 5 and Lifeguarding for advanced swim instruction. For more information, call 332-3564. Applications are available at Ada Public Library, Ada City Hall, Glenwood Pool and Wintersmith Pool.
• A Communities of Care forum will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, June 20, at Pontotoc Technology Center. The forum is sponsored by Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services in partnership with Oklahoma Department of Human Services. Pam Toohey and Dr. Deborah Shropshire will be speaking at the event. For more information, call 580-235-0210 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.