Ada — TUESDAY
JUNE 17, 2014
• Ada Single Friends (55 and up) meet at 11:30 a.m. the third Tuesday of the month at First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St., for a general meeting. Those attending should bring a snack to share. For more information, call 580-320-4157 or 320-2391.
• Prime Timers will meet at J.D.'s Cafeteria for the regular monthly meeting. Visitation will begin at 5:30 p.m. and the meal will be served at 6 p.m. Billy Crynes from the University of Oklahoma will present the program. Guests are invited.
• Oklahoma Farm Bureau Safety Services is presenting an Auto Accident Prevention course from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Farm Bureau Office in Ada. Upon earning the Vehicle Accident Prevention Course certificate, one would be eligible to receive a discount on auto insurance. The class is open to the public. For more information and to sign up, call Shirley at 580-332-8711.
• GriefShare, a grief recovery support group, will be meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 5 at First Freewill Baptist Church of Ada. There is no cost except the optional $15 workbook. For more information, call Joyce at 580-332-6138 or the church at 580-332-3119.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays downstairs at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
JUNE 18, 2014
• Ada Single Friends (55 and up) meet at 2 p.m. each Wednesday at First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St., for games. Attendees should bring a snack to the games to share. For more information, call 580-320-4157 or 320-2391.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets at 7 p.m. each Wednesday at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted from 7:30-9:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak.