Ada — FRIDAY
JUNE 6, 2014
• Registration and Open Swim for students in Session 1 of the Kiwanis Swim Safe Program will be held from 9 a.m. until noon Friday, June 6 at the Glenwood Pool. Openings are still available for Lifeguard and WSI training and for Guard Start Instruction. Classes for Tadpole, Polywog, Bullfrog, and Levels 1 through 5 will begin June 9. For information, call 310-2840. Application blanks are available at Ada Public Library, Ada City Hall, Glenwood Pool and Wintersmith Pool.
• Frisco Cemetery annual fish fry will be at 5 p.m. at the multi-purpose building at Stonewall park. All donations will be appreciated and used for the upkeep of the cemetery. Donations may also be made to Frisco Cemetery Fund, c/o First American Bank, P.O. Box 307, Stonewall, OK 74871.
• Kullihoma Senior Center will be holding a bingo and food sale fundraiser. The food sale begins at 6 p.m. and the cost is $5 for beans, cornbread, dessert, tea or coffee. Bingo will be from 7 to 9 p.m. For more information, call 580-310-0538.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Reaper Baptist Church, 3301 N. Broadway. For more information, call 580-320-9984.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, downstairs.
JUNE 7, 2014
• The Tishomingo National Fish Hatchery will host its 20th annual Kids’ Fishing Derby from 9-11 a.m. at the hatchery located on SH 7 east of Reagan. The event is for children ages 6 to 12 years of age. Refreshments will be provided and there will be drawings for prizes. Children need to bring a fishing pole. Bait will be provided. Children may catch and keep a limit of five catfish.
• Ada Artists Association will be having a “Potluck and Paint-Out” from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at 13725 CR 3614 in Ada. Charlotte Harris will be the host. For more information, call Ada Artists Association President Loretta Yin at 580-332-3830.