Ada — THURSDAY
MAY 15, 2014
• Ada First Baptist Church Bread of Life Ministry offers a free meal to those in the community who are in need. The meal is served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave., Ada. For more information, call 580-332-4121.
• Veterans and Military Appreciation Day will take place today at the Chickasaw Business and Conference Center on East Central University campus. Vendors will have tables of information beginning at 8:30 a.m. The program will begin at 11 a.m. with special guest Maj. Gen. Rita Aragon, secretary for veterans and military affairs for the state of Oklahoma. Lunch will be provided for all in attendance on a first-come, first-served basis. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call Mary Meeks at 580-559-5541.
• Rabies clinics will be held at the following locations and times: Ada Vet, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; Animal Medical Center, 8 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; and Arlington Animal Clinic, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. Rabies shots will be available for a reduced cost of $10.
• The Pontotoc County Democratic Party meets the third Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at Pontotoc County Agriplex in Room D.
• Ada Single Friends (55 and up) will host a group picnic, “An Afternoon in the Park,” at 1 p.m. in Wintersmith Park near the miniature golf course. Guests are asked to bring lawn chairs, walking shoes, games, sack lunch and a drink. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Shirley at 580-320-6303.
MAY 16, 2014
• A Picnic with Providers will be held at Central Oklahoma Family Medical Center in Stonewall from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 201 W. Main Street, Stonewall. A free lunch will be provided by Stonewall First Baptist Church and Ada First Baptist Church.
• Ada Area Roundup Club will be holding an event at Ken Lance/3 Crosses Arena seven miles south of Ada on SH 3. Books open at 6 p.m., and play day starts at 7 p.m. For more information, visit Ada Area Roundup Club on Facebook.