The Ada News
Ada — TUESDAY
JULY 1, 2014
• Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma are inviting girls entering kindergarten through third grade to join the Lady Bug Club. From 3-4 p.m. on Mondays in July, the Ladybugs will be meeting at the Ada Public Library Music Room for story time with the Daisy Flower Garden. Registration deadline is July 1 and the program is free. For more information, call RaShonda Hutchings at 918-423-0826, ext. 503, or email RHutchings@gseok.org.
• The Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada coordinates the Fourth of July fireworks display at Wintersmith Park and is asking for donations from businesses, organizations and individuals for this year’s fireworks display. Donations can be mailed to Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada, PO Box 1621, Ada, OK 74821; made through Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org; or make donations at the Wintersmith concession. For more information, call 580-421-5779.
• A special meeting of the Board of Directors for the Tri-County Indian Nations Community Development Corporation will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 1, at Coalgate City Hall, 3 S. Main St., Coalgate. This meeting is open to the public. For more information, call Carolyn Hill, (580) 310-9300.
• Ada Single Friends (55 and up) meet at 11:30 a.m. the first Tuesday of the month at First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St., for a pot-luck lunch. For more information, call 580-320-4157 or 320-2391.
• Back to School Basics organizational meeting will be held from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 1, in the Music Room, second floor of the Ada Public Library. The meeting is open to all persons interested in assisting with the community effort to provide backpacks and school supplies to area school children. Attendees are asked to bring their lunch.
• GriefShare, a grief recovery support group, will be meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 5 at First Freewill Baptist Church of Ada. There is no cost except the optional $15 workbook. For more information, call Joyce at 580-332-6138 or the church at 580-332-3119.
• Circle Time of Ada meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month at Glenwood Resource Center, 825 W. 10th St. Circle Time of Ada is a non-profit support group for anyone who has a child with autism spectrum disorders. For more information, call Linda Dickinson at 580-310-7263.