Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JULY 5, 2013
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Stonewall Independence Day Celebration 2013 children’s fair begins at 6 p.m. and fireworks at 9 p.m. Events include arts and crafts, face painting, great food, train rides for children and Moon Bounce.
JULY 6, 2013
• Stonewall Independence Day Celebration 2013 parade begins at 10 a.m.
• Francis Auxiliary will be hosting its annual Fourth of July celebration beginning with a parade at 8:15 a.m. ,followed by games, concession food, horseshoes and cake walk at 10:30 a.m. Dominoes follow the horseshoes event. Dominoes and horseshoes are $5 to enter per event per person. Fireworks show begins at dark. To volunteer or for more information, contact Heather Specht at (580) 320-3061.
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop and Don Harness host a meeting at noon at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. This is a mandatory meeting for discussing business. Every member and elders should attend. Those attending should take canned goods, dry goods and baked goods for the auction. Paper and pencils will be needed for class after the meeting.
JULY 8, 2013
• Back to School Basics Steering Committee meets a noon in the upstairs meeting room of Ada Public Library. Dates and times for gathering supplies and distribution information will be discussed. Participating school representatives as well as any interested persons are invited to attend.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.