AUGUST 13, 2013
• Pauls Valley Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. at the library to discuss “The Girls from Ames: A Story of Women and a Forty-Year Friendship” by Jeffery Zaslow. This story centers on 11 high school friends that kept in contact over the years. The book for September will be “Defending Jacob: A Novel” by William Landay. All readers are welcome.
• Compassionate Friends Ada area chapter meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month in the parlor of First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th Street. This non-profit organization is for those grieving the death of a child.
• Single Moms support group (S.M.I.L.E. Single Moms: Insightful, Loved, Empowered) meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at The Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. Dinner is provided and childcare is available at Trinity Baptist Church. For more information, phone Tisha at 580-759-5260.
AUGUST 14, 2013
• National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Chapter 758 meets at 11:30 a.m. at Mercy Hospital of Ada (formerly Valley View Regional Hospital) in the cafeteria conference room. For more information, phone Kenneth Roberts at 580-279-6724.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
AUGUST 15, 2013
• Registration for Boys & Girls Club of Ada youth fall soccer ends today. Please go to http://www.bgcada.com/ to register or visit the BGCA at 915 South Hickory. For more information, phone (580) 332-3717.