Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JULY 11, 2013
• Boys & Girls Club of Ada youth fall soccer registration is now open. Please go to http://www.bgcada.com/ to register or visit the BGCA at 915 South Hickory. For more information call (580)332-3717.
JULY 12, 2013
• Ada Area Roundup Club hosts a playday event at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex outdoor arena. The event is open to the public. For mroe information, phone 405-395-8147, 580-272-0260 or 580-320-2400.
• Classic Car Cruise planned in conjunction with Konawa/Vamoosa Alumni Weekend at Konawa High School parking lot. Cruise begins at 8:30 p.m. after the alumni basketball game. There is no entry fee or judging. A dance/party with live music is also scheduled in the multi-purpose gymnasium.
JULY 15, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
JULY 16, 2013
• Prime Timers meet at J.D.’s Cafeteria for its regular monthly meeting. Visitation begins at 5:30 p.m.,with a meal served at 6 p.m. Ruth Ann Taylor presents the program, “A Peek into the Life of Martha."
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
JULY 17, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.