Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page.
JULY 3, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person, and the dance is open to the public.
JULY 4, 2013
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Phone Frank Shanklin at 580-559-1554 for more information.
• South Central Oklahoma Lupus Support Group usually meets the first Thursday of each month; however, since the first Thursday of July falls on the 4th of July national holiday, the July meeting is cancelled. The next meeting will be held on Thursday, Aug. 1, at 6 p.m. at the Main Street Church of Christ, 408 E. Main St., Davis. This meeting is open to all persons with lupus, those who have a loved one or friend with lupus, or anyone who would like to learn more about lupus. For more information regarding the meeting, information on lupus, or telephone support, contact Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or email@example.com. For more information regarding lupus, you may also contact the Lupus Foundation of America, Oklahoma Chapter, at 1-800-725-6445 or online at lupus.org.