Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JULY 26, 2013
• Pontotoc and Coal County Republicans will host a joint meeting with newly elected State GOP Chairman Dave Weston. The meeting will be held at Papa Gjorgjo’s North at noon.
• Ada Elks Lodge is serving a limited lunch menu from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Price is $7.99. Friday night's menu will be steaks or fired fish. Prices vary depending on the entrée selected.
• A spaghetti dinner takes place from 5:30-8 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 110 E. 17th Street. Dinner includes spaghetti, salad, bread and drink. Cost is $7.50 per person. Proceeds go to benefit Monkey Mafia, a local girls T-ball tournament team.
• Ada Area Roundup Club hosts a playday event at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex outdoor arena. The event is open to the public. For more information, phone 405-395-8147, 580-272-0260 or 580-320-2400.
JULY 27, 2013
• Ada Elks Lodge hosts its annual luau at 6 p.m. Admission is $20 per person. Providing music is John Roan. Hawaiian-style food will be served. The event is open to the public, ages 21 or older. Tickets are available in the social quarters.
JULY 28, 2013
• Boys & Girls Club of Ada youth fall soccer registration is now open. Go to http://www.bgcada.com/ to register or visit the BGCA at 915 South Hickory. For more information call (580) 332-3717.
JULY 29, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive.
For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
JULY 30, 2013
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Freda DeOdis Flatt is Ada Artists Association’s July featured artist of the month. Her work is featured at Karen’s Art and Framing, 108 E. Main. A closing reception is 4:30-6:30 p.m.
JULY 31, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.