You will have a chance to share memories from the past and stories —funny, serious or otherwise. The departments are Modern Book, Music and Progressive Drama, plus the recently retired 21st Century Department.
APRIL 19, 2013
• Pontotoc County Retired Educators Association (PCREA) meets at 11 a.m. at Ada Elks Lodge for its regular monthly meeting and noon luncheon. The program will be a legislative update by OREA Executive Director Norman Cooper and Ada Hill, district director. Officers will also be installed.
APRIL 20, 2013
• Ethan Wright, Stratford, will be conducting a colt starting clinic, demonstrating how to properly start a young horse in the round pen, at 10 a.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex. Wright is an accomplished horseman and trainer and incorporates a positive message for the handler as well as the horse.
The event is free and open to the public. Sponsored by Cross Cut Cowboy Church. For more information, phone 405-203-5783.
• Sponsored by the city of Ada, the Hershey’s Track and Field Games will be Saturday, April 20 at 9 a.m.
For more information, phone 580-436-8101.
• NEC Code Update Class will be held at Pontotoc Technology Center, 601 W. 33rd, from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. This class will satisfy the Oklahoma state mandatory six-hour continuing education requirement for license renewal. This class is approved by the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board for electrical journeymen and electrical contractors. Six hours of CEU (no lunch break). Instructor is David Jackson. Cost of class is $75 paid prior to course and participants must have a valid ID and current electrical license number. Bring a current NEC Code book.A minimum of six people is required for class. For more information, contact Jenny Cypert, 580-310-2245.
• Sponsored by the city of Ada, the Hershey’s Track and Field Games will be Saturday, April 20 at 9 a.m. Entry deadline is Monday, April 15. For more information, phone 580-436-8101.