Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MARCH 27, 2013
• Single Moms support group (S.M.I.L.E. Single Moms: Insightful, Loved, Empowered) meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at The Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. Dinner is provided and child care is available at Trinity Baptist Church. For more info, call Tisha at 580-759-5260.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $6 per person, and the dance is open to the public.
MARCH 28, 2013
• Bread of Life Ministry, hosted by Ada First Baptist Church, feeds the hungry in the Ada community from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave.
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Please bring a partner and come. Phone Frank Shanklin at 580-559-1554 for more information.
MARCH 29, 2013
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MARCH 30, 2013
• Ada Elks Lodge 1640 hosts an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. The Easter Bunny will attend.