MARCH 28, 2013
The month of March is National Athletic Trainers Month. In honor of this the athletic program at East Central University has been interacting with the community to spread the word about wellness and injury prevention and treatment. From 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. the ECU Athletic Training Education Department at ECU hosts a blood drive at Kerr Activities Center.
• Bread of Life Ministry, hosted by Ada First Baptist Church, feeds the hungry in the Ada community from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave.
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Please bring a partner and come. Phone Frank Shanklin 580-559-1554 for more information.
MARCH 29, 2013
* All non-emergency offices at the city of Ada will be closed in observance of Good Friday.
• Al-Anon meets each Friday at 8 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MARCH 30, 2013
• Ada Elks Lodge 1640 hosts an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. The Easter Bunny will attend.
MARCH 31, 2013
APRIL 1, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Vidalia onions arrive in April. Place orders now to ensure you don’t get left out. Order as many bags as you want. Cost is $10 for a 10 pound bag. Phone a Shriner friend to place an order or phone 580-310-0489 or 580-925-3852. This is a fundraiser for Shriners.
• FREE tax help and FREE e-filing offered Mondays through April 8 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For an appointment, phone 580-332-3882.