Ada — THURSDAY
JUNE 12, 2014
• The Pontotoc County Cattlemen’s Association will be hosting a weed and brush control meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday, at the Pontotoc County Extension Office, 1700 N. Broadway in Ada. Guest speaker will be Chris Rice, SE District area agronomist. He will be speaking about some of the important factors necessary for quality weed and brush control. Red River Specialties has agreed to host the refreshments for the meeting. This meeting is free and open to the public.
JUNE 13, 2014
• Students of Shear Perfection School of Cosmetology will be holding a yard sale from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday at 127 W. Main St. in Ada. Proceeds will help cover the cost of students going to a styling show in Las Vegas June 21-23.
• Ada Area Roundup Club will be holding an event at Ken Lance/3 Crosses Arena seven miles south of Ada on SH 3. Books open at 6 p.m., and play day starts at 7 p.m. For more information, visit Ada Area Roundup Club on Facebook.
• Purcell Chickasaw Community Council will host a candidate forum at 6:30 p.m. June 13 at the First American Bank conference room at Fourth and Apache in Purcell. Candidates running for any Chickasaw Nation office in the upcoming election are invited to present platforms and answer questions. Refreshments will be served. Attendees are asked to bring a plate of cookies or brownies, but they should not contain nuts.
• A taco dinner sale and silent auction will be from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Francis City Hall. All proceeds will go to Francis' Fourth of July festivities. For more information, call Kim Canada at 580-320-4770.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Reaper Baptist Church, 3301 N. Broadway. For more information, call 580-320-9984.