Ada — SUNDAY
JUNE 8, 2014
• Donations are requested for the maintenance of Athens Cemetery. For more information, call Rufus Clark at 580-332-2434.
JUNE 9, 2014
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call 580-320-0747.
• Pontotoc County Historical and Genealogical Society's Mattie Logsdon Memorial Library, 221 W. 16th, is open from 12:30 to 4 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays. For more information, call Katherine Howry at 332-5528.
• An educational program on how to keep bed bugs away is being offered at 6 p.m. June 9 at OSU Extension Center, 1700 N. Broadway in Ada. For more information, call 580-332-2153.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex on the north side of the extension center building in Compartment B, south of the county jail. For more information, call the VFW service office at 580-436-6252.
• The Garvin County Republican Party will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, June 9, for its monthly meeting at party Headquarters at 313 S Chickasaw in Pauls Valley. Yard signs, bumper stickers and information about candidates are available. Call 405 740-5131 for more information about the meeting or the Republican Party.
• Ada Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Reaper Baptist Church, 3301 N. Broadway. For more information, call 580-320-9984.
JUNE 10, 2014
• The Pauls Valley Library Book Club will meet at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, June 10, at the Pauls Valley Library to discuss “Orphan Train: A Novel” by Christina Baker Kline. The book for July will be “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho. All readers are welcome.
• Ada Rifle and Pistol Club annual meeting and swap meet will be at 6 p.m. at the AR&PC range. Memberships will expire and can be renewed at that time. Cost is $65 per year. A potluck supper will be held. Attendees are asked to bring a dessert and lawn chairs. Family and friends are welcome. For more information, call Brian Scoles at 405-391-7585 or 580-421-3553.
• GriefShare, a grief recovery support group, will be meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 5 at First Freewill Baptist Church of Ada. There is no cost, except the optional $15 workbook. For more information, call Joyce at 580-332-6138 or the church at 580-332-3119.
• Byrd’s Mill Archeology club meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Mercy Hospital Ada conference room.