Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JUNE 5, 2014
• A charity bridge event will be held at 1 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, at 17th Street and Broadway. The Ada Area Bridge Club is encouraging all bridge players to participate. A sanctioned duplicate game with snacks is scheduled. All proceeds will go to the church. For more information, call Frank Shanklin at 580-436-0323.
• The South Central Oklahoma Luppos Support Group meets at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at the Main Street Church of Christ at 408 E. Main St. in Davis. The meeting is open to all persons with lupus or a friend or loved one with lupus. For more information regarding the meeting or upcoming activities, call Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ada Rubber Stamp Art Club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at "Scraptopia" located at 107 W. Main St. Newcomers are always welcome to attend. There are no fees and no need to bring anything to participate. For more information, call 580-310-9787.
• PAST will have its monthly meeting at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, May 1, at the Pontotoc Technology Center. Go to the C Entrance at the South West corner. The group meets the first Thursday of each month. Decisions are being made about the group’s future.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets at 7 p.m. the first Thursday of each month in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.