Ada — SUNDAY
MAY 18, 2014
• Big Five is accepting applications. Big Five is a free child development program designed to meet the needs of 3- and 4-year-old children. Eligibility is determined by the child’s age and family’s income based on the 2014 Head Start Guidelines and 10 percent of enrollment must be made available to children with disabilities. Big Five has centers and classrooms located at Ada, Latta, Monte Vista, Roff and Stonewall. Applications for all centers can be made at 1721 Cradduck Road in Ada. For more information, call 580-332-8233.
• Experience Works Senior Community Service Employment Program is currently accepting applications. Experience Works SCSEP is available at no cost to people who meet eligibility criteria. The training program provides paid community service assignments at local public and non-profit organizations, referral to needed services and job search assistance. Program applicants must be age 55 or older, unemployed and live in Pontotoc County. For more information, call 877-314-7568, 405-395-9004 or 918-623-1460 or visit www.experienceworks.org.
• Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) is looking for caring, committed volunteers to advocate for abused and neglected children in Pontotoc County. Volunteers must be able to commit six to 12 hours per month. Summer training for CASA volunteers will begin July 7. For more information, call 580-332-1441 or email Linda Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAY 19, 2014
• Pontotoc County Historical and Genealogical Society's Mattie Logsdon Memorial Library, 221 W. 16th, is open from 12:30 to 4 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays. For more information, call Katherine Howry at 332-5528.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call 580-320-0747.